Sunday, January 18, 2009

Is Los Angeles Really Where I Want to Be?

Lately I've been wondering a lot about where I am in my life and where I wish I was and if this is the place for me. And I don't think that it's just come from the fact that I came home exactly 9 days ago from a three week holiday on Maui. But really - I've been in Los Angeles for going on ten years now and I have little to show for it except a huge closet full of clothes I don't wear and a number of friends who have proven to be not so much friends as aquaintances.

There's just much in my life that I feel so uncertain of. And very few things that I do feel certain of. And I suppose that's the general struggle of us all, isn't it? We're all in that state of uncertainty now and again, but the question I keep asking myself, is that if I spend more time wondering about my life and if I'm happy rather than actually living it, then isn't the answer sort of already there? And when do you finally give in to it, pack your shit and leave it all behind? Or do I just keep plugging away at it - hoping that somehow I'll figure out what will make me happy and how to do that.

Just some things I've been wondering about lately.

No comments: