Friday, April 10, 2009

The carnival is coming...

Not sure when, not sure how much of it, but I've just been informed that several of my prints are going to be featured at my local arthouse coffee shop. So hopefully some of you can come down and have a look... This is just one of the prints that will be featured. It's from the "Carnival" series I did last month. Something entirely random that turned into the inspiration to shoot an entire project. Inspiration comes in the funniest times and places. I got this one when I was out on my daily bike ride and there was a street carnival being set up just down the road from my apartment. There were a number of cool old dilapidated rides and the marine layer was thick that morning, giving the entire scene a very desolate and rather eerie "zombie apocalypse" sort of feeling. There were no people around. The street was blocked off and it felt very end of the world. I hope I got that across in the series as I processed. I will update when the show is going to be put up. Or if there will be a reception. (I doubt it, but who knows.)

And now, I shall celebrate with some yummy Thai take-a-ways for dinner.


No comments: